Avocados are a bountiful fruit. They are abundant in Vitamins and Minerals which are important for Total Body Health. For years we were told to stay away from the avocado due to its high fat content but now scientists are debunking this now that evidence now shows that this antioxidant-rich fruit enhances heart health, lowers cholesterol and improves skin.
Beta-carotene, lutein, vitamins B6, C, E and K, selenium, zinc, folate, potassium, glutathione and omega-3 fatty acids are just a few of the nutrients found in a single avocado.
9 Reasons Why an Avocado a Day Can Change Your Life:
1. Avocados contain the 18 amino acids required to form complete protein that is used more efficiently by the body than are proteins found in meat.
2. Avocados contain a very important antioxidant, Glutathione, which boosts your body’s immune system and keeps your nervous system healthy.
3. They contain more natural fiber than any other fruit. This high fiber content aids in digestion and total body absorption of nutrients.
4. Avocados contain 35% more potassium than a banana does. Potassium is important because it regulates blood pressure.
6. The anti-inflammatory properties of avocados prevent and/or treat rheumatoid arthritis.
7. Vitamin B6 and folic acid are present in avocados. They control homocysteine levels – high quantities of homocysteine are linked to an increased risk of death from heart disease.
8. Avocados provide oleic acid which, in sufficient amounts, improves your cardiovascular system and protects against prostate and breast cancer.
9. Healthy fats found in avocados raise “good” cholesterol (HDL) while lowering “bad” cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides by 20%.