Duane signs on for a 7th straight year with Dynamis Sports Nutrition.
Height: 5’6“ Weight: 165 lbs (contest) 195 lbs (off-season)
Duane grew up playing a variety of sports his entire youth. Excelling in both Baseball and Football at the highest caliber for his age group and earning invitations to play college sports in the US. Carrying his desire of sports and athletics into his post secondary years Duane studied Physical Education and Kinesiology where he formed a passion around fitness, nutrition and bodybuilding.
Duane continued his education and career into teaching High School Physical Education. It wasn’t until January 2010 when he decided to take his healthy lifestyle to the next level and started training for his first contest. Hiring a qualified and competent coach Duane stepped on the bodybuilding stage in October 2010. Competing in both Open and Masters in two different federations Duane earned 4 – 1st Place finishes and was immediately hooked into the sport of bodybuilding. Shortly afterwards Duane signed on with Dynamis Sports Nutrition and was Dynamis’ first sponsored athlete.
Years following his first bodybuilding contest Duane earned Bodybuilding Pro Cards in three drug free federations in both Canada and USA. Duane’s bodybuilding Pro debut wasn’t until July 2013 stepping on the Pro stage in Toronto, Canada earning a 3rd place finish. Duane is also a qualified contest judge and has travelled to a number of cities in both Canada and USA to judge in the sport of drug free athletics (Bikini, Fitness, Figure, Physique & Bodybuilding).
Duane owns and operates his fitness and coaching business – FitPro Consulting Ltd providing body transformation guidance in exercise prescription and nutrition counseling to both competitive and non-competitive clients across Canada. Duane continues to live a competitive bodybuilder lifestyle and is looking to compete on the Master’s Pro stage in the near future.
- Masters of Education (M.Ed.) – University of Calgary
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) – University of Calgary
- Bachelor Physical Education (BPE) – University of Calgary
- Physical Education Diploma – Mount Royal University
- Sports Nutrition Cert Program – ISSA
- IDFA, NPAA, INBF, IFPA Bodybuilding Athlete
- 2013: IDFA Pro International – Toronto, 3rd Place
- 2012: NPAA All Canadian/IFPA Pro
- 2012: NPAA Elite Pro
- 2011: INBF Natural Bodybuilding Pro Qualifier Alberta Cup, 1st men’s Masters.
- 2011: INBF Natural Bodybuilding Pro Qualifier Alberta Cup, 2nd Open light weight
- 2011: IDFA Natural Bodybuilding Pro Qualifier Western Canada Classic, Pro Card Winner
- 2011: IDFA Natural Bodybuilding Pro Qualifier Western Canada Classic, 1st Open light weight
- 2011: IDFA Natural Bodybuilding Pro Qualifier Western Canada Classic, 1st Masters
- 2010: IDFA Natural Bodybuilding Pro Qualifier Western Canada Classic, 1st Masters
- 2010: IDFA Natural Bodybuilding Pro Qualifier Western Canada Classic, 1st Open light weight
- 2010: INBF Natural Bodybuilding Pro Qualifier Calgary Classic, 1st Open light weight
- 2010: INBF Natural Bodybuilding Pro Qualifier Calgary Classic, 1st Masters
- 2010 – Current Team Dynamis Sponsored Athlete