This is a great healthy alternative to the standard guacamole recipe.
Creamy, tasty & good for you!
What’s not to love!! 😀
- 2 sliced avocados
- 1/2 red onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (leaves and tender stems), finely chopped
- 1/2 ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1 (6-oz) container non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- A dash of freshly grated black pepper
- 1-2 serrano chiles or 1 finely chopped jalapeño, stems & seeds removed, minced (more for spicy or less for more mild dip)
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until combined and smooth, scraping down sides as necessary of mash by hand for a chunkier consistency. Serve with tortilla chips or bake pita chips (recipe is simple & I will post next)
Categories: FitPro Consulting
Leave a Reply