Try this portable alternative for your next clean lunch or dinner on the go 🙂
- 14 egg whites
- 4 whole eggs
- ¼ c onion or 4 scallions, minced
- 1/2 zucchini, shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 red or orange pepper, minced
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- Sea salt & pepper, dash each
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 12-muffin tin with a little coconut oil to prevent sticking.
- Combine vegetables in a large bowl. Fill each muffin tin 2/3 full with veggie combo.
- Whisk eggs and seasonings in a large mixing bowl.
- Scoop egg mixture slowly into each muffin tin over veggies until just covered. Bake 30 minutes or until muffins have risen and are slightly browned.
Change the spices…
Try tumeric and garam masala for a curried style variation.
Chili powder, ground cumin and coriander for a Mexican version.
Or perhaps extra onion w ginger and garlic for an Asian flair.
Nutritional Information Per Original Recipe Serving:
Calories: 56, Total Fats: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 0.5 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 71 mg, Sodium: 93 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 3 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 2 g, Protein: 7 g, Iron: 0.5 mg
Muffins will keep up to one week in the refrigerator. They can also be frozen.
Leave a Reply