A delicious, simple recipe. Perfect for all those yummy tomatoes that ripen mid-summer!
- 3 ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 2 pounds)
- 1 Vidalia or other sweet onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- To prepare salad, alternate tomato and onion slices on a platter. Sprinkle with salt. Top with mint and chives.
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine oil, vinegar, mustard, and garlic in a jar. Cover tightly; shake vigorously. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad, and serve at room temperature.
Leave a Reply