- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, quartered and thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1 ½ cups cooked white beans, or 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2–3 tsp. Piri-Piri
- 2 jarred roasted piquillo or red bell peppers, quartered lengthwise and any other veggies you enjoy
1. To make Piri-Piri Sauce: Stir together all ingredients in saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook 1 minute, then remove from heat, and cool. Transfer to jar.
2. To make Frittata: Whisk together eggs and parsley in bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 6 to 8 minutes. Add beans and Piri-Piri; sauté 1 to 2 minutes, or until spices darken and stick to beans. Remove from heat, and stir bean mixture into egg mixture.
4. Wipe out skillet, and heat remaining 2 Tbs. oil in skillet over medium heat. Spread egg mixture in skillet, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring and lifting mixture to allow even cooking. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until egg is firm and cooked through, lifting and stirring occasionally.
5. Invert frittata onto serving plate; cool to room temperature. Garnish with your choice of peppers and sauteed veggies, and serve Piri-Piri Sauce on side.