Ingredients List: (Serves 3-4 people)
* 400grams or 1pound ground turkey breast
* 1 tablespoon of olive oil
* 1 stick of celery – chopped up
* 1/2 a white onion – chopped up
* 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
* A 400grams (14 ounces) can crushed tomatoes
* A 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of red kidney beans
* A 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of passata sauce
* 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
* 1 tablespoon of chilli powder
* A 1/4 teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika
* A 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* A 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
* A 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or rock salt
* A 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* A 1/4 teaspoon red chilli flakes (optional)
* A 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano (optional)
* Some freshly chopped parsley for decoration
* Water (1-2 cups)
In a large cooking pot pour in the olive oil and heat up using a medium heat setting. Next add in the diced onion and chopped celery… let that sweat down, before adding in the garlic. Next you will add in the turkey mince. Be sure to constantly stir the mixture to prevent the tukey mince from sticking to the base of the pot.
After 8-10 minutes of cooking time, start adding in the water and the seasoning ingredients. Constantly stiring as you do. Then add in the red kidney beans, followed by the can of crushed tomatoes and passata sauce.
Reduce the heat and let the mixture simmer for 25 to 30 minutes before serving. Total cooking time should be in around the 40 minute marker.
It’s pretty simple folks, and all you need to do is keep an eye on things, and season to your personal taste. ENJOY!!!
Ian Graham, The ABS Kitchen