8-oz. Tuscan kale, carefully rinsed, stems and center ribs cut away and discarded, leaves coarsely chopped or ripped
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 medium lemon)
3 tablespoons shallot, finely minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground fresh black pepper
4 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons raw walnuts
1 avocado, peeled and diced for topping/garnish
parmesan cheese, or substitute, for topping or garnish
1. In a small bowl, whisk together shallot, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
2. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking. Continue whisking until emulsified. Leave it aside covered at room temperature for about 30 minutes to an hour so the dressing will be flavored. Do not refrigerate.
3. Prep the Tuscan kale leaves, shred the leaves, stems removed, and place them in a large salad bowl.
4. Gently give your kale a ‘massage’ with the Lemon-Shallot dressing. Add the avocado and raw walnuts and mixing carefully.
5. Garnish with parmesan or vegan substitute and serve immediately.